Friday, March 28, 2008

Spouse tag

You like me...*sniff*.... you really like me! I got tagged and unlike some red-haired sister-in-law types who may be related to my husband, it gives me a warm fuzzy and I'm happy to play along.

How did you meet your spouse? We met through my brother Chet, who was Brett’s roommate. Ironically, they had become friends because they had both tried unsuccessfully to woo the same girl in high school. (Well, Brett actually dated her but got dumped. That’s unsuccessful wooing in my book.)

Where did you go on your first date? We rode around on the family 4-trax. We were with my brother Chet and his very pregnant wife. I was sitting on the back, right on the spot that says “NO SEAT,” holding on to the rear fenders for dear life. Brett said, “You know, if you hang onto me, you might be more comfortable.” Smoooooth.

How long have you been together? It’s been 7 years and a few months since our first date.

Who eats more? Depends on what it is. Brett eats more in general, but if we’re talking pizza or donuts or French fries… look out. I once tried to eat a dozen Krispy Kreme in one sitting. Well, maybe twice. Okay, THREE TIMES. Geez. I haven’t been successful, but I’m willing to keep trying.

Who said I love you first? He did. And according to him, because he loved me first, he loves me more.

Who sings better? Dude, I learned how to play the piano for a reason. I cannot sing. At all. Brett is pretty good and has even sung in a couple of quartets in Sacrament Meeting.

Who is smarter? I have lots of facts and figures stocked up in my brain. I also remember and recall things pretty well. But Brett has all the practical knowledge.

Who does the laundry? I do most of the time, but he helps out a lot.

Who does the dishes? Mostly me. When Brett does, it’s usually because there are no clean dishes or counterspace on which to cook. (See the upcoming cooking question.)

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do. Although it’s not set in stone and we swap occasionally. The right side is closer to the alarm. The left side is closer to the TV.

Who pays the bills? Brett does.

Who mows the lawn? Brett does. I was complaining one day about how I am almost always the one who ends up bathing the dogs if they get poop stuck to their butts and how disgusting those baths are. Brett agreed and said, "Yeah, but when I mow the lawn, all the dog doo in the yard gets ground up and flung into the grass bag. In order to empty the grass bag, I have to stick my hand in there and manually scoop the grass-doodoo mixture out." Ok. He wins. The lawn gets mowed twice a month. I only have to do the poo-bath twice a year.

Who cooks dinner? Mostly Brett. When he cooks, he gets a better meal, so it’s really a win-win situation.

Who drives when you are together? We used to decide by whose car we were taking because both cars were from before we got married so it was a very clear “mine” and “yours” distinction. Now that we have an “ours” car, he usually drives. If I drive it takes longer to get there. Plus, I can’t really see at night.

Who is more stubborn? We can both really dig our feet in on issues that are important to us.

Who is the first to admit when they’re wrong? Neither. Although I’m definitely the first one to say, “It’s not worth fighting over. Let’s let it go.”

Whose parents do you see the most? His, because they live nearer.

Who kissed who first? Brett kissed me. We were watching “Psycho.” It was very romantic.

Who proposed? He did. We were at the Sacramento airport and I was leaving on a trip. We danced as he sang our song to me. Then he got down on one knee and proposed. I was totally surprised and people were staring and clapping and stuff. Airports are pretty romantic for us now, too. Yeah. Airports and Norman Bates.

Who has more friends? He does, by far.

Who has more siblings? He does, by far. And by far I mean Glenn and Shauna. He has way more extended family. I have two first cousins. TWO! They were both adopted, so I could have had none. Brett has like 2,357 first cousins. And that’s just on one side.

Who wears the pants in the family? Brett does. I definitely prefer skirts.

Out of the 5 people who read my blog, 3 have already been tagged, one is Shauna (‘nuff said), so Karin, you’re it!

No comments: