Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Conversations with a 6 month old

Me:  Look at your little feet!  One has and sock and one doesn't.  What shall we do with the toes that have no sock:

Elizabeth:  *smile*

Me:  Eat them?  Okay.  Nom nom nom!  And what about the toes that do have a sock on them?

Elizabeth:  *smile*

Me:  Eat them, too?  Okay!  Nom nom nom!  And how about those little baby fingers?

Elizabeth:  *smile*

Me:  EAT THEM?  ALRIGHT!  NOM NOM NOM!  Your cheeks.  What are we going to do with your cheeks?

Elizabeth:  *smile*

Me:  Alright, I will eat them too.  But only because you insist.

Elizabeth:  *smile*

Me:  You're looking at me with great interest.  I wonder what you are thinking.  Are you thinking that you would like to eat ME?

Elizabeth:  *giggle*

Me:  Okay, but I have to warn you.  Mommies are not as tasty as babies.  First of all, there's a texture issue. I'm pretty soft, but not nearly as soft as you.  And sure I'm chubby like you, but it's a different kind of chubby.  It's a too-many-french-fries kind of chubby instead of a I'm-a-happy-baby chubby.  They taste quite different, you know?  What's that?  You don't care?  You want a taste anyway?

Elizabeth:  *divebombs onto my face with her mouth wide open*

Me:  *wiping away the slobber*  Well, I'm glad you enjoy trying new foods.

Elizabeth:  *smile*

No comments: