Friday, November 30, 2012

Mind meld

I'm sitting at my desk today, thinking about all the things I need to do this evening.  Included in my list was to do a walk-thru at my rental property.  I'm packing a few tools and some cleaning stuff in my car today so I can do some caulking and light repair.  I also know there's a stain in the carpet so I packed the iron in case I need it to try to remove the stain.

"Wouldn't it be funny," I mused, "If someone needed the iron at the house today?  I'm the only person who ever uses it and even then it's just when I'm sewing.  But wouldn't it be funny if the one and only day the iron has ever left the house it was needed?"

I kid you not, 30 seconds later my cell phone rang.

"Hey baby," Brett said.  "Hey where are we keeping the iron these days?"

"WHAT?!"

"The iron.  Mom is looking for it and we haven't been able to find it anywhere."

Seriously.  I'm thinking of playing Powerball tonight.

No comments: